Paris Saint-Germain vs Saint-Etienne Prediction – August 26, 2017
Paris Saint-Germain will again aim for maximum points at home to Saint-Etienne at Parc des Princes on Saturday early morning. PSG started this season as expected by many before Ligue 1 begins.
They were able to win the first three matches by beating Amiens SC (2-0), En Avant Guingamp (0-3) and Toulouse FC (6-2). Where Neymar immediately showed its influence in the game Unai Emery’s team in two debut matches since joining to Paris.
While the visitors also performed brilliantly in three opening matches Ligue 1 2017/2018 season. Saint-Etienne for the first time in recent years, was able to win the first three matches in a row. They have beaten OGC Nice (1-0), SM Caen (0-1) and Amiens SC (2-0).
Marco Verratti cs certainly hope to win this game, with the aim of continuing to be at the top of the standings and should not be off guard like last season. PSG must be consistent if you want to re-capture Ligue 1 title this season.
Data and Facts of Both Teams:
– Both teams have met 40 times and PSG successfully won 22 wins, 11 draws and seven other meetings won by Saint-Etienne.
– In the last eight meetings PSG recorded a successful win seven victories and a draw, even the last victory ended with a 5-0 victory.
– Last Saint-Etienne successfully winning diajang Coupe de Ligue on 28 November 2012 past the drama penalty shootout after the game ended with 0-0.
Saint-Etienne: Ruffier, Perrin, Clerc, Bayal Sall, Ghoulam, Clement, Lemoine (Cohade 88), Gradel (Brendao 65), Guilavogui, Pierre Aubameyang, Hamouma (Alonson 83).
PSG: Douchez, Jallet, Armand, Maxwell, Thiago Silva, Sakho, Matuidi, Jeremy Menez (Nene 79), Chantome, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi.
– Edinson Cavani and Neymar Anyar players will be counted on this fight. Both players have scored six goals in the first three Ligue 1 games.
– Cavani himself bagged three goals early in the season, each one goal in each match this season.
– In last week’s match against Toulouse, Thiago Silva scored an own goal for the first time in his career in Paris.
– Saint-Etienne will rely on a combination of Jonathan Bamba and Bryan Dabo who in the first three Ligue 1 games scored as many as four goals.
– PSG last time defeat at home in the Ligue 1 event, occurred on March 21, 2016 counter Monaco two seasons ago.
– Saint-Etienne is able to win his first three games in Ligue 1 2017/2018 season. A brilliant start for their caliber club.
– The start of the season is much different from the start of last season Saint-Etienne. The first three games of last season they were lost once, won and once balanced.
– PSG also hosted Saint-Etienne at the start of last season (4th Ligue 1 game), where both teams had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
– Starting the season with a victory over Monaco in the French Super Cup, PSG is unbeaten in official competition this season.
– Lucas Moura is doubtful to appear in the game this weekend, the player has not been fit after suffering a pain in the ICC counter Juventus last month.
– While the visitors will certainly not be strengthened by Vincent Pajot, Kevin Monnet-Paquet and Florentin Pogba who are injured.